Pages

'Falling Through the Cracks'

Chess Piece Drawing
Once again, I've made a chess piece drawing, this chess piece had the criteria of; making the chess piece realistic, using value and creating movement, rhythm and pattern, with the background.
I feel that the chess piece looks very realistic, though small, you are able to recognize it as a bishop and it looks quite real. The shading of the chess worked with the rest of the background, which had different values and was shaded properly. I created movement with the drawing by have a large, lightly shaded swirl that circled inwards, bringing your eye to the chess piece. Underneath that  swirl I had smaller, darker swirls, that go outward.
This piece is called 'Balancing' because I felt as if the chess piece was balancing on the two swirls, and was about to fall off. I'm quite pleased with the look of this drawing and realism of the chess piece.

0 comments: