Pages

Infographic


For my infographic I wanted to go with a very clean approach to the design, opting for it to be as simplistic as possible while keeping as much info as I can in the image.

So in order to do this I made the lines look like a subway line, having the current place - the beginning - be lit up with the name of the university to mark it. I tried to have all of the stuff line up and be even in order to make it look concise, having headers to help differentiate the areas and to help one read the infographic better.

The icons used I tried to make quite familiar, and easily understandable. I used a spool of thread since this is a fashion program based infographic to represent the pieces needed for portfolios. A paper for written and for a smaller amount of money I used a coin because having too many of the dollars bills, and also slicing them I feel wouldn't be as clean.

I wanted to have the comparison of distance since it was a noticeable difference for at least one of the schools, so I just used simple images to explain the difference. I had the years described with a clock to make things very simple, and then I went onto to work on the diplomas. I have the certificate listed and then additional things you can get at that school in writing just because I felt it worked best and that it was better than to add more pictures.

For my legend I decided rather than to box it in, I'd put it where it gradiates to white in order to separate it but not cut it off. I feel by doing that it looks a lot cleaner, which is the whole point of my infographic.

0 comments: