Pages

Proposed Work - My Website


I apologize for the brevity of the video.

I just titled the piece as "keidesigns.com" as it's a website for my design company and in order to display my work for the project. As there is not real concept to it, as it's a design based assignment for my own company, there is not visual meaning or symbolism to it. I really just wanted to make it look clean and be easy to understand - the video above is to just explain how the site should work.

Using photoshop I think was ideal because it allowed me to edit the photos, and create the animations I wanted for the piece. It might've been nicer to create the background with illustrator, but I feel like it wouldn't have given as nice of a look in comparison to photoshop when merging it with my photographs and then taking it back to be animated - it just seemed like a lot of headache.

For photoediting, I had a lot of issues, simply because I am very bad at coloration, but with a lot of help from tutorials and from just pure perseverance I was able to attempt at it, and I am very pleased with it all. Another issue I face was while animating, I faced a lot of grievances just trying to get my layers in order and making sure everything matched up because a lot of repetition took place in those gifs, so I put in a lot of effort to making it work out and look as smoothly as possible - I feel like it worked out.

I started out with a few sketches, before going into making/planning the outfits for the photographs. Following that I went in and made my opening page and all the backgrounds for it, planning and placing the layout etc. I then took the pictures for my website and shot a video for the gif. However after taking it into the computer, the images were very dark and the gif was much to dark to be used, so I went through trying to find colorations that would increase the quality of my images - luckily I was able to do that, but my video wasn't salvageable.

Instead I took some of my test video from my personal gif and went forward to make a gif out of that and add coloration to it as well to add that little touch. After that was done, I had some stress placing all of it together in it's form - the gif wasn't exactly cooperative - but I got all of my images with the website base and animated all of it. I then rendered all of them in order to put them into after effects and "stitch it" together into one video.

The work was inspired by many of the fashion websites out there; black milk, dollkills, and especially the blanc & eclare company. All of the websites were inspiration for my website. Also the fact I needed to work on things similar to this for my portfolio for university also helped drive along this assignment.

Overall I'm pretty proud of this, I love the coloration and the ideas I hit with this. I wish I would've been able to do more with this, especially with the site design and make it more like my original idea but I am satisfied none the less. My biggest thing however, it that I wish I could've made video more paced... But I have no clue what I'm doing in aftereffects, so my attempt was at least there.

0 comments: