Pages

Visual Identity


So with my company "kei designs" we are a fashion design company that specializes in making clothing for females. We are called "kei" because it means style in Japanese, and because we take a large amount of our inspiration from Asia. We try to make varying degree of clothing types, we do not try to fit into a box of having very girly clothing to very "tough" clothing, instead we try to make our clothes fit into a very differing styles in order to suit everyone.

I wanted to make my company logo very word based as many fashion designers have their company logos, but as this assignment required a pictograph as well, I choose to add in a fan because I feel they are quite feminine as well as that Asian flair. My colors were a straight black for the words and a cream color for the rest, I really didn't want the fan to be overpowering and also I wanted there to be a lace effect to it, so I choose a cream color in order for it to stick out but not be all too noticeable. Also in terms of my logo, it fits properly against my wording and although it sticks out a bit the darker color makes the other side heavy so it balances.

For my additional pieces I choose a phone case because I feel like the phone case is something that will be easier purchased and everyone has a phone now a days so phone cases are in high demand, it's just something that is popular to purchase. With the keychain, it's a fashion design staple actually to have something like this. If you look at a lot of the fashion companies, they have their logos on keychain similar to this.


0 comments: